Whether your a business or an individual, there are many ways to benefit your local community by getting involved. We want to offer out some ideas on how to do just that. There are a variety of ways to become actively involved in your local community. Decide what’s right for you and dig in.
Community involvement not only helps your local town prosper, but it’s great for the mind and soul. To know that you are a participant in the greater whole, making the place you reside in become better for you, your family and your neighbors, is an amazing feeling.
5 ways to get active in your local community-
- Shop Local. This may be one of the easiest, especially if your short on time to volunteer. What is locally available to you? Find local vendors and purchase from them. Maybe it’s produce at your local store, or farmers market. Maybe it’s jewelry from an upcoming event or festival. Or maybe it’s a local coffee shop. Get local and the mind and see what’s available to you. You may even be surprised at the amount of amazing products produced within your community. Idea: The last few Christmas’ we have made it a rule that all gifts must be hand made or locally purchased. It made us get out there and truly shop local. As we sat under the tree to open gifts, we all felt that we gave to more than just each other. Without support, local businesses struggle to thrive. Get out and be part of the lasting impact.
- Volunteer. There are many opportunities to volunteer. You can check out your local cities website and see what types of volunteer opportunities there are, or check out a local animal shelter, or food bank. You can even set up your own time to wander the streets and pic up trash. It doesn’t necessarily have to be organized by others. Get creative. Reach out to local non profits and organizations to see the many ways you can get involved.
- Attend Local Events. Each town/city has local events, ongoings and festivals. Check out what’s coming up and attend. Support with attendance. It’s a fun way for the family join in and get involved in being part of what your community has to offer.
- Donate. Get rid of that you don’t need and donate. Clothes, food, toys, and more. Think of shelters that house both people and animals. What items would benefit them? Also a great alternative to volunteering your time if your time crunched.
- Promote Positivity..give to local teams. There are so many local sports teams in every community. Sports are a great way to keep kids and adults, active and healthy. Get involved or donate your time to watch a game. You become a fan of the team and what they do!
Feel free to share ways you’ve become active locally. We’d love to hear them. Thanks for reading!
Jissa Jules ~