Local Businesses are an extremely important part of your local economy. There are many reasons why this is so. Choosing to support a local business offers your given community it’s own sense of style and uniqueness. This can bring forth strong economic value in the place you live.
Local businesses create more jobs, provide personal customer service, recycle revenue back into the community, support entrepreneurship, promote a cleaner environment, and these are just to name a few.
Think about your community and the businesses that make it up. If they we replaced by big business, what could happen to your local economy?
We seek to promote community businesses, by recognizing they exist, offering listings for our viewers to peruse when they seek a product, or service, and featuring those businesses that stand out in their community.
Owning a small business is a lot of work. Proper money management, marketing, employees, saturation, organization, and government policies all can make operating a business very challenging. So let’s promote our within our communities! But wait, there are many communities all over the country….which is why we have brought this site to fruition. Let’s give recognition to those that seek it and deserve it.
5 reasons to support a local business in your community
- Better Service. Often you receive more personalized service from a local business. They begin to know their customers and take pride in their business.
- Community Diversity. There are certain businesses all over the country. While this may be convenient, it is also repetitious. When traveling new places, exploration of food and goods is part of the fun. If every city or town only had what everyone else did it would be quite boring. Local businesses offer uniqueness to their community residents and visitors.
- Smaller Carbon Footprints. Yep, local businesses tend to have smaller carbon footprints than larger companies.
- Employing Your Neighbors. Employees are needed in most businesses. Small, local businesses great jobs within the community, bringing unemployment rates down or commuting times down (also beneficial to the environment.)
- Community Involvement. Local businesses support others within the community. From football leagues, to charities, local businesses support within their community. These benefits make an impact on local education, fundraising and more.
Check out our list of business. If you are a business not listed with us, please visit our listings to learn more about how to join with us.
Remember we always feature a local business that stands out. Check out who the current features are.